Saturday, September 3, 2011

TL as a Leader - thoughts...

So here I am studying a unit on leadership. This has come at and opportune time for me as I have just stepped into a significant leadership role at my school where I am running the Year 7 Team. My research on transformational leadership further supported the understanding I already held about leadership. This is how I prefer my leaders to opperate and how I strive to opperate in my various leadership roles. When you are the leader of a team, you must start with a vision and have an understanding of how to achieve that vision. But, it should be the team that makes important decisions, who feels like they belong and are listened to and who feel empowered in the learning process. The leader opperates more as a facilitator and guides the learning process and decision making by the team. The leader should also identify areas within the team that require growth and development - perhaps a specific team member needs support in a particular area and it is the leader's responsibility to identify this and assist them with this development.

No comments:

Post a Comment