Sunday, March 27, 2011

Role of TL and Function of School Libraries

I see the role of the TL as being a resource for both staff and students to assist with student learning. At my current school, the TL assists students and teachers with finding resources for classes/studies and teaches others/provides information about information skills. This includes research skills, referencing, how to use digital resources, etc.

I worry about the role of TL being one that will last into the future as we move into the digital age. Many schools are beginning to ask the question "why have a library when everything is on the internet?" This, I fear, will be a constant battle we will have to argue and make others aware of critical role of school libraries and how they can evolve in the future. The information about leadership in the TL course should help me understand how to ensure that I can manage my role as a TL into the future. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment