Monday, March 28, 2011

Time Management

Obviously I'm not great at managing my time. I have mastered the art of procrastination quite successfully. So I feel like the Management Implications topic was written especially for me! The 'Effective Time Management for Teachers' article was exceptionally helpful.

Check it out at http://www.time-management-success.com/time-management-for-teachers.html

The most important message I took from it was setting aside specific time the day before to plan my next day for Zone 2 (unstructured time). I have more time in this Zone now that I have been allocated some Library time and have other responsibility positions at my school, so this will definitely help. I plan to sit down for 5-10 minutes at the end of every day at school before I leave to go home and create a priority list of things to achieve in my Zone 2 time, that is, the time not allocated to meetings or classes. I suppose I already do this to some extent, but I am not consciously planning my day, just writing a to do list. Here's hoping it works out for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kezia, I think your blog can be whatever you want it to be - I think a mix of chit-chat and some reflections on the course readings / modules is a good balance. Look forward to following your blog during the course. All the best, Priscila

    ReplyDelete