Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What do I want to achieve this year in my TL role?

After reading a lot about collaborative practice to become a professional learning community I have decided that this will be my ongoing mission in the Library. I want to be able to work more closely with teachers to implement all of the wonderful ideas that we as teachers have but do it in a collaborative way. Together we can achieve more! Isn't that the saying?

And with regards to information literacy, this is one big area that needs a lot of work at our school. There is no system and most of us go into our classes blind and guessing as to how best to teach research skills (though I now know there is more to it than just research skills). If we work collaboratively to change this though, we may just have an impact.

Missions:
1.Collaboration
2. Information Literacy

Off to ponder some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment